Forums

[v13] Polymorph wolf damage and die stacking

All Forums All Forums Skills / Spells / Aptitudes [v13] Polymorph wolf damage and die stacking

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Raven 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

si
    Participant

Occ: 17
    Polymorph wolf: 5
    Reckless offense: 5

First, description lists damage buff 3d4, but actual damage buff applied is 1d(FullOcc), i.e. 1d17.

Similarly for dodge, instead of OccMod/2 stated in the description, which should’ve been 4 in this case, actual dodge buff applied is 1d13.5 (not sure where this number came from, or what a fractional die even means.)

Additionally, reckless offense adds 2d3 damage, but the sum of the bonus dice rolls seems wrong. While polymorphed, character sheet is showing total damage buff of 3d20 (expected value 31.5), which is in no way equivalent to 2d3 + 1d17 (expected value 13). With stat and prof bonuses, this lvl6 wolf is regularly doing 40-50 damage every 2 seconds, which quickly turns even armoured enemies into puddles, sometimes before they land a single hit.

Similarly for dodge stacking; unlike damage, direct dodge numbers are not visible in the combat log, but if the damage calculation is anything to go by, 6d14.5 dodge buff instead of 5d1 + 2d3 makes for one hard-to-hit wolf.

si
    Participant

1d13.5 (not sure where this number came from)

Actually, after taking a look at how the game stores state, i can see where this number came from. Stats are stored as a modifier from base (10), so to get the full stat value the game adds 10 to the modifier. Here, there must be a bug that caused it to add 10 to mod/2 instead.

Raven
    Participant

experience the same. At lvl 3, power up occ to 16 to get polymorph: wolf, then the fights become easy. getting a dodge bonus of 1d13, plus some huge damage bonus like 4d13(i cant really remember this one). the way the game calculate the sum of different dice-rolls is wrong.(like 1d2 + 2d1=3d3, that is very wrong)

Raven
    Participant

Also the 2nd tier combat skill: wolf claw is a bit weird. instead of giving a bonus to the attacks while in wolf form, it is counted as a separated attack. i am not very sure whether it decrease the attack interval as intended, but its little damage is often negated by enemy’s armor.

Raven
    Participant

Tested with another skill combination: quick strike + wolf claw + polymorph: wolf. And it is super powerful. when holding a leaf blade, the base attack interval is 2.1 sec. With the above skills at level 3, the attack speed can be at 0.85 sec(wolf claw did reduce the attack interval though not immediately shown on the UI). So i think quick-strike may be a better choice for wolf mage instead of reckless.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.