Forums

Bugged enemy sprites and targets

All Forums All Forums UI / Menus Bugs Bugged enemy sprites and targets

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  psiklaw 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

psiklaw
    Participant

Hello

I bought the game yesterday and already posted in Steam forums, but I think my issue will be most useful here.

My problem is shown below in a screen capture. Enemy sprites teleport next to me right after my party nears them, they just move in half a second right next to me. Also, the enemy sprite is bugged, the red target reticle appears over an invisible enemy, and the sprite (wolf, fox, even ducks and chicken) shows below the target, way below, and I can’t select it or interact with it.

I’m playing in Ubuntu 14.04 with integrated Intel HD4000 card, and the game works fine except for this issue. I hope this is going to be fixed, I thank you in advance.

reticle above enemy sprite

agris
    Participant

Are you using any software to stretch or reposition the screen, like Borderless Gaming?

psiklaw
    Participant

Hi, no I’m not. Playing from Steam plain, no beta option activated and fullscreen on. Also my native resolution is 1366×768 in a laptop screen.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  psiklaw.

agris
    Participant

I’m totally guessing here, but what about your OpenGL version? You’ll have to track down the details of your intel linux driver. I don’t know the minimum required by SitS, but Joe will. It’s probably about 3.6 though.

psiklaw
    Participant

I found it:

OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 10.3.2

I can play other games with little problems, and I believe my drivers are up to date. Can you confirm the min version and give me some advice? Thank you, I don’t know if you are a dev or a dev helper or maybe a user but I really appreciate your time and effort :)

agris
    Participant

I’m just a user. It’s all about the renderer that Unity 5 uses though, and I believe OpenGL 3+ is required by other Unity games. We’ll have to wait and see what Joe or Hannah have to say about it.

Joe
    Keymaster

Hi! Just saw this on the Steam forums, thanks for letting us know. This is the first time we’ve seen this from any platform, we’ll have to look into it. Thanks for the help Agris! My first guess would be as well that it’s a Linux driver, but we’ll try to track down what that might be. If we need some more info from you we’ll let you know!

psiklaw
    Participant

Thanks for your time! I am still able to play the game, the only problem is sprites teleporting next to me and the fact that I can’t see them properly.

Let me know if you need any screenshot or info.

Joe
    Keymaster

We took a look at this today and are seeing the likely case being the render texture we’re using with the engine having some requirement your system isn’t meeting (that render unfortunately being quite important to viewing the game).

While I can’t replicate this on our Linux OS or in a virtual linux environment, and we haven’t heard other Linux users having this issue, we’ll continue to look to see if there’s a workaround and let you know.

Since it’s the driver, I don’t know if virtualizing it in wine or another environment would help, but one thing you could try is limiting the resolution size, making that render texture need to do less. You could try running the game at 800×600, though I’m not sure as that will work, as the HUD and everything else seems to be placed correctly.

We’ll continue to look into it. Did the demo have these anomalies at all?

psiklaw
    Participant

Yeah the demo had this problems too, but I bought the game anyways as it was my birthday and I thought maybe it was a demo-only problem. Maybe it was a bad move to make, but I hope there is a fix for this.

Gonna try changing the resolution, also I’m in elementary os freya (based on ubuntu 14.04) if that helps. There is no graphical bugs or glitches, it’s just enemies moving really fast to my position and the targeting reticle is displaced as I informed before.

Thanks for the effort anyways.

Mooncalf
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve also just discovered that this bug affects me after buying and installing the game via steam (been running it on OpenSuse 13.1).

Just wanted to let you folks know that this bug apparently isn’t an unique problem.

edit: Changing resolutions sadly didn’t do anything for me.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by  Mooncalf.

Unthank
    Participant

Hi,
    I also experience the bug on Ubuntu 14.04. Any luck finding a fix yet?

siva
    Participant

I am also affected by this bug in the demo version and i haven’t bought it yet, mainly because of that. Usually i use windows for gaming, but there is also a bug in the windows demo…

Plz let me know, if you need any info to help fix this issue.

siva
    Participant

Because i really want to play this game :) i tried it with the latest version of mono (http://www.mono-project.com/docs/getting-started/install/linux/ci-packages/) but the result is still the same.

psiklaw
    Participant

Hey I played this the other day to check if it was fixed, and still the same problem. Any of you did manage to solve somehow? Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.