A true role-playing adventure
A 90s CRPG in every way but the release date, Serpent in the Staglands is a campaign within the world of Vol, a fully realized setting inspired by the late bronze age in a Transylvanian landscape, with unique politics, races and gods steeped in history. Featuring a chosen party of five, you take the role of Necholai, a minor god of a celestial body, who descends to the Staglands for a moonlit festival only to find his way home blocked and immortality slipping out of his grasp. Seeking answers and aid, he takes on a mortal body and the guise of a traveling Spicer.
While the game rolls the dice for you, you'll traverse the Staglands on a path narrated by your own wits and choices. A true role-playing experience, Serpent in the Staglands doesn't hinder your adventure with auto-populating map markers, checklist quest grinding or rigid story exposition. You'll put the pieces of the puzzle together, and with different ending scenarios and closed off areas of the game based off actions, you'll want to play it more than once.
Use your own wits to examine maps, decipher languages, decode runes and figure out how to kill the unkillable.
A Transylvanian-inspired Bronze Age
- A setting historically inspired by the late bronze age in an eerie Transylvanian landscape
- A huge variety of enemies inhabit the peninsula, including Romanian mythology inspired monsters, spirits, rogue mages and mutilated outlaws
- Immerse yourself in the highly detailed descriptions of items, language, and ambience of Vol
- A classless role-playing system where you create builds via any combination of the magic, combat and aptitude skills available to create or find up to 5 unique characters
- A wide range of combat skills, spells and aptitudes to choose from to build any composition of party you want, from whip wielding wizard slayers to polymorphing wolves.
- Prepare you party for a myriad of different kinds of encounters that you’ll have to switch tactics, spells and items used to overcome.
Open World Exploration
- An unmarked map filled with wilderness, cities, towers, temples, dungeons and caverns to explore.
- Write your own journal notes for quests, puzzles and leads as you investigate. The game won't hold your hand.
- Non-linear storyline and open exploration right out of the gate, with branching decisions that cut off or open paths for quests and endings. The story and peninsula is a puzzle you’ll have to try to put together.
Real-Time with Pause Combat
- Party-based, real time with pause combat focused on macro tactical decisions and creative party skill combinations
- Combat designed for minimal pause spamming and without cooldown skills, instead focusing on pre-buffing, positioning, movement and fun encounter designs so you can focus on what’s fun.